Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 22:54:02 -0500
From:      Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pppd locks up my 4.3-STABLE box

Hello,

I was just attempting to establish a serial ppp connection to
my linux PDA when my 4.3-STABLE box completely froze.  I was
working on a console and the keyboard is unresponsive, the
interface doesn't respond to pings.

Is there anything I can do to regain control short of a
power-off on this machine?

For my info, how can issuing the following command:

	# pppd /dev/cuaa0 192.168.3.202:192.168.3.203 \
	> noauth nodetach novj debug 115200 local

lock up the entire OS?  FYI, I've been exeucting this same
command on two other 4.3-S boxes for the past 2 weeks.

--
Regards,
Doug