Date:      Tue, 04 Nov 2003 11:12:12 -0600
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        schaefer@is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnome2 not building

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 15:40:10 +0100, Andre Schaefer
<schaefer@is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de> wrote:

> Khairil Yusof wrote:
>

>> Can you provide more info about what problems you ran into?
>
> I used  cvsgnome to build Gnome2.4 on debian woody with XFree4.3.

This is FreeBSD; not Linux. Is there any good reason why you don't use
ports tree? There have a lot of patches in Gnome2 to make them work on
FreeBSD.

> Everything went smoothely except for gst-plugins-0.6.4, nautilus-media,
> totem and sound-juicer.
>
> I disabled them in cvsgnome for the time geing, as I consider them
> secondary.
>
> The symptom with gst-plugins-0.6.4, was exactly as described here:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/2003-October/003364.html
>
> That's why I asked here.

We aren't elephant that who can remember everything for 10 years; it's why
we have to ask.

>> Some known "problems":
>>
>> - gstreamer doesn't compile with -O2 optimization
>> - certain plugins may fail due to problems with dependencies
>
> This will be the case.
>
>>   of these plugins, which are not gnome2 related.
>>
>> You should provide the build output as well as the config.log. Then
>> somebody from this list may be able to help you.
>
> Don't bother, I just hoped the problem is known and solved already.

Please do bother if you want to get the more help.

Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.