Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2006 22:44:06 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mark Willson <mark@hydrus.org.uk>, Don Wilde <Don@silver-lynx.com>
Subject:   Re: iwi(4) in RELENG_6

--nextPart1314111.pj4uJRd5Jv

[Please don't top-post]

On Thursday 27 July 2006 21:01, Don Wilde wrote:
> Yes, I have. I just did another CVSup, and when I recompiled -kmod it did
> indeed put a bunch of .ko files in /build/modules, but a) I still get a
> whole bunch of Can't load firmware complaints, and b) it doesn't work. It
> goes through the DISCOVER process, but doesn't get any offers it
> recognizes. I've tried this both with an open DHCP and also with my
> parameters wired in.
>
> Hardware notes: Dell 6100 Inspiron with 2200G iwi. I have heard from
> another gent who has a 2200G pci card and is having the same problem with
> STABLE.
>
> This all was working two weeks ago.

Just to get the facts straight and assembled in one place:

You are running a somewhat recent RELENG_6, have net/iwi-firmware-kmod=20
installed and "device iwi" and "options firmware" built into your kernel?

When do you get the "Can't load firmware" messages?  What does kldstat [-v]=
=20
say before and after that point?  Can you try "kldload iwi_bss" before and=
=20
see if that gets you up and running?

> On 7/27/06, Mark Willson <mark@hydrus.org.uk> wrote:
> > Have you tried using the firmware from iwi-firmware-kmod, rather than
> > iwi-firmware. I am using the former on a Thinkpad T42 and it is working
> > ok.

=2D-=20