Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:39:21 -0800
From:      Dan Stevens <dan@rebol.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   Re: REBOL

--=====================_909628761==_

Attached is the medium sized paragraph in HTML (using Visual Page...let me know if it comes through o.k.).

Regarding the second piece (ports tree or commerce directory), my guess is the latter, though I'm not sure what you mean.  REBOL is a language that works on a number of platforms including FreeBSD (we have downloaded several hundred copies in the first three weeks).  I don't know what the 'ports tree' is, and from looking at the descriptions on the covers for the 4 CD's, it probably would be included in CD #1 or 4 (packages?).  I'll follow up with our sys admin.

Thanks,

Dan

At 02:09 PM 10/27/98 -0800, you wrote:
>On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Dan Stevens wrote:
>
>> We have a new language out (starting September 30) for the FreeBSD
>> platform and would appreciate being added to this page.
>
>Sure!  Simply send us a medium-sized paragraph, marked up in HTML as you
>like, for inclusion on the Commercial Vendors page.
>
>> Additionally, please let us know how to get on the Application CD ROM
>> for FreeBSD.
>
>Do you mean the ports tree? If so, write up a port and submit it (although
>it shouldn't need a port from the looks of things).  Or are you thinking
>of the commerce/ directory on CD 1?
>
>Doug White
>Internet:  dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu    | FreeBSD: The Power to Serve
>http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | www.freebsd.org

--=====================_909628761==_

<HTML>

<HEAD>
	<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;CHARSET=iso-8859-1">
	<META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Visual Page 2.0 for Windows">
	<TITLE>untitled</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY>

<P><BR>
<A HREF="www.rebol.com">REBOL</A> is a new network-based messaging language that increases productivity, cuts application
size, and reduces application time-to-market. The language is human-centric, instead of computer-centric, and offers
a new alternative to anachronistic programming languages like Java and C++ and scripting languages like PERL and
Tcl.  REBOL is compact, platform independent, and functions over a network or on a single system.  It is ideally
suited for webmasters, technicians, hobbyists, educators, experimenters, and anyone who requires a simple, customizable,
robust, easy-to-understand language.</P>
<P ALIGN="CENTER">Download The Language of the Free(tm) now!</P>

<P ALIGN="CENTER"><A HREF="http://www.rebol.com/downloads.html">http://www.rebol.com/downloads.html</A>;

</BODY>

</HTML>