Date:      Mon, 23 May 2005 12:55:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      alan bryan <alanbryan1234@yahoo.com>
To:        dwhite@gumbysoft.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nForce 4, SATA Drive only runs at UDMA33?

> (manually retyped as the machine locks)
> ata2: CONNECT REQUESTED
> ata2: DISCONNECT REQUESTED
> ...  (lots of those)
> subdisk6: detached
> ad6: detached
> ata2: SATA connect status=00000000
> ata3: SATA connect ready time=0ms

OK, it may not be so much a lock up as I was just a
bit impatient.  After a while it panics with:

Fatal trap 12  Page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address 0x20c

There's a bunch more that I can write down if that
helps.  Maybe I need to take a digital picture of the
screen before it reboots as I'm a slow writer.

Thanks for the help, I'd love to have this thing
running at it's capable speed potential.

This is my main workstation/desktop.  I could update
to -CURRENT if anyone thinks that will solve the disk
speed problem without causing too many more.  (Just do
average desktop stuff like KDE3)  If -CURRENT is in
too much flux right now though maybe I'm better off
with working but slow.

--Alan Bryan