Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:35:13 -0600
From:      "Steve Olisar" <solisar@nextmediagroup.net>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPI

Would it be possible to write a program that uses the parallel port to
listen on the status pins in real time, when the status of a pin changes th=
program would read a config file and start/stop processes based on what is
in the config file?  ex:  if status is either 0 or 1, the status of pin one
changes from 0 to 1 the program would kill a process, start a process or
both.  Possible?  I know nothing about PPI or programming so I am willing t=
pay someone to write this.  It doesn=B9t have to be pretty, just run
daemonized and do the job. =20