Date:      Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:12:14 +0100
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        "Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho" <cartola@openit.com.br>
Cc:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Florent Thoumie <flz@xbsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: MFC of local_startup changes to rc.d complete

El Jueves, 29 de Diciembre de 2005 16:54, Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho=20
escribi=F3:
> Em Qui, 2005-12-29 =E0s 16:41 +0100, Jose M Rodriguez escreveu:
> > A lot of things has been changed, an now, it's really hard to get
> > an idea about the boot process and the order used to launch the
> > components.
>
> I'm sorry if I am saying something that is out of the discussion, I
> didn't see the first messages, but Isn't it easy to do something
> like:
>
> # cd /etc/rc.d
> # rcorder *
> preseedrandom
> initdiskless
> rcconf.sh
> initrandom
> dumpon
> vinum
> gbde_swap
> gbde
> ccd
> .... (supressed output)

Which only covers the base system scripts and send you docens of entries

Also, now in head, a second scan is done.

As far I know, the most important point are:
mountcritlocal
NETWORKING
mountcritremote
SERVERS
DAEMON
LOGIN

I never said that this info is not guessable or even documented.  Only=20
that:

=2D The docs are disperse.
=2D The docs are not porters aware

=2D-
  josemi
--
This mail was scanned by AntiVir Milter.
This product is licensed for non-commercial use.