Date:      Mon, 01 Jun 1998 10:23:06 -0400
From:      "Stephane E. Potvin" <sepotvin@videotron.ca>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Error in sys.mk

bsd.own.mk is included before /etc/make.conf in the current sys.mk
This causes ${LIBDIR} to be wrongly set to /usr/local/lib/aout when
BINFORMAT=elf is set into /etc/make.conf
The following patch did the trick for me though I don't know if it's the
best/preferable way to do it or if it will break some other esoteric
part of the make process.
Can someone more knowledgeable in the mk files check this and tell me if
I'm completely out of the track?

*** sys.mk.orig Mon May 18 17:09:10 1998
--- sys.mk      Mon Jun  1 10:07:54 1998
***************
*** 243,250 ****

  .endif

- .include <bsd.own.mk>