Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 1995 08:31:43 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: another 2.0.5 installation report

As Bruce Evans wrote:

> I think swap still has to go on a labeled slice, perhaps even on the 'b'
> partition.  You probably wouldn't want to label the foreign partition
> because the foreign swapper might overwrite the label.

Hmm.  By now, it works... let's see.

> Linux swap is 0x82.  The partition type indicator is not very reliable.

Yes. Yes. :)

...yup, you're right.  The swaps cannot be shared without workarounds.
Sigh, so i have to write an fdisk/disklabel command in FreeBSD's
/etc/rc, and a mkswap command in Linux' /etc/rc.  (I don't have an
idea why they do wanna know the `length' parameter for this command,
even when applied to a physical partition.)

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/