Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 1999 01:47:27 -0500
From:      Chris Csanady <cc@137.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMP/interrupt problems..

I recently got an AMI Megaraid controller, and although it works perfectly
with a single processor kernel, SMP is causing some problems.  After doing
a little debugging, it appears that the interrupts are possibly being lost.
I'm wondering if this is somehow related to the APIC, and interrupt remapping
that happens with SMP.  I have included the output of mptable, and a verbose
dmesg at the end.

Also, LINT mentions some problems with MP tables not properly supporting
bridged pci cards.  Are there still issues with this?  My motherboard (Intel
pr440fx) is listed as one with "good" mptable support--at least by the linux
kernel. :\  Is there a chance that this combination will simply not work?

Any ideas at all on how to isolate the problem would be appreciated.  I am
at whits end wrt this problem.

Thanks,
Chris Csanady