Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2012 07:46:58 -0400
From:      "David P. Caldwell" <david@code.davidpcaldwell.com>
To:        George Liaskos <geo.liaskos@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Chromium 19 dumps core on 9.0-RELEASE (i386)

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:46 AM, George Liaskos <geo.liaskos@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 07:34:05PM -0400, David P. Caldwell wrote:
>>> I built the latest Chromium 19 by building against the 9.0-RELEASE
>>> *packages*. I did not want to update all my ports and incur the
>>> various library problems that resulted the last time I tried that. I
>>> may try it next.
>>>
>>> I am rebuilding with debug symbols, as when I tried to view
>>> chrome.core in gdb, it just gave me a huge backtrace of "??"
>>> instances.
>>>
>>> I had Chromium 18 running successfully with an older version of the
>>> ports tree, built from source. But I can't reproduce that.
>>>
>>> I'm building inside a VirtualBox instance, if that makes any difference.
>>>
>>> I recognize this all may not be a very useful bug report, but I'm
>>> still learning to file useful ones, so please bear with me.
>>
>> Confirmed, I got the same on my eeepc.
>>
>> regards,
>> Bapt
>
> Debug build works for me under i386 vm, release crashes... I didn't
> have enough time to debug this.
>
> Feedback is always welcome and needed.
>

> Regards,
> George

What do you mean by "debug build" -- one with debug symbols enabled
during make configure?

I tried to build that and the build failed, and I gave up at that
point, but I can keep trying.

Of course, the reason I was trying to do the debug build was to find
the problem, but are you saying that enabling the debug symbols
somehow fixes the problem?

-- David.