Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:24:33 +0100
From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@fit.vutbr.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org, peter@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Broken packages on ftp-master?

Hi,

Cejka Rudolf wrote on Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 01:06:14PM +0100:
[..]
> tree (I did not check ports/alpha tree). I think that it has to be
> some systematic transmission problem on ftp-master, not on our mirror,
> because for example kdegraphics-2.2.2_2.tgz has the same length on
> ftp-master and on our mirror. Furthermore, I would not be very
[..]
> packages-4.5-stable/All:
>   gzip: ./AbiWord-0.9.6.1_1.tgz: unexpected end of file
>   gzip: ./JX-1.5.3_1.tgz: unexpected end of file
[..]

Quick pick shows the same problem here at our mirror.

Well, how is the transmission done to ftp-master?

I'm currently involved with some problems NetBSD
folks are having with rsync. The recent versions
(at least 2.5.2) did fuck up their CVS repository on
transfering it to mirror sites.
Updates have been canceled for some distribution hosts.

The master server anoncvs.netbsd.org requires you to
use rsync-2.3.3.

Thor Lancelot claims, that's the last bug free enough
version.

(However here on my FreeBSD box I have problems with that
 too, not sure if entirely related to rsync or to ssh).

If rsync is involed in the transfer to ftp-master,
maybe people can check, if the problems a result of this.

Peter?

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock                      - All your base are belong to us -
 Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 25735 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/