Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 20:37:22 -0300
From:      Gustavo Pamplona <pamplona@uai.com.br>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   A.Out Kernel?

Hi.

I recently posted a message to this list something like running FBSDBOOT.EXE.
One of you answered me? It's no possible to run FBSDBOOT.EXE, cause
FBSDBOOT requires the Kernel be compiled in a.out format. So, what I done,
I tried to reach a way to compile the kernel with a.out format.

Well, I discovered at my Makefile at /sys/compile/MYKERNEL/ a line like this.

KERNFORMAT?=	elf

I modified this line to:

KERNFORMAT?=	a.out

And, as resultant of this, I cannot compile the kernel, because a message
like this appeared.

swapcontrol.o: not found.

But before this message have appeared. The swapcontrol.c was compiled at
format of a.out, because I saw the its compilation with the -aout flag.

Anybody should answer to me?