Date:      Wed, 7 May 1997 22:08:03 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@bitbox.follo.net>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: #define conflict in #include files

> After the recent #include changes (see my other report where reverting to
> older versions of ypcnlt.h & yp_prot.h fixed "make world"), there is a name
> conflict between <nlist.h> which defines N_SIZE to 0x0c and
> usr.bin/find/find.h which uses N_SIZE as an enum member...
>
> Both fts.h & link.h were changed today by Julian Assage's patch, probably
> to add #include <nlist.h>...
>
> "make world" is broken of course.

:-(  The changes have been reverted now.

> I don't really know how to fix that except either fix the name space
> conflict or revert as before.

I'll try to fix the name space conflict.  N_SIZE is used three places
in find - I've changed it to N_SIZE_ARG locally (as it is an argument
to find) which clashes a bit with the other names in find, but is the
cleanest compromise I could find.  Changing all the names in seems to
be going a bit overboard; that would make accepting patches from other
groups and versions difficult.

Or would people rather we left all include files non-self-sufficient
for the foreseeable future and let the conflict lie?

Eivind.