Date:      Thu, 4 Dec 1997 10:31:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, jak@cetlink.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0 -release ?

> > No, but consider someone who hasn't made up their mind yet, and knows
> > little/none about the current OS'es out there. The point I'm trying to make
> > is that it would, in my mind, help things considerably if there was in
> > interim (beta, maybe?) release of 3.0, with the warning that it's not done.
>
> How is that any different than a snapshot?  We even offer them on CD.
>
> 					Jordan

Snapshots are great, but where are they, and their features mentioned
prominantly on the web page?

It took a lot of digging to figure out that a SMP kernel was available at
all for me. (I finally found it by going to the SMP home page, where it
mentioned that it was merged into -current)

Perhaps, i know this is a contradiction, but a 'stable snapshot'? Something
that is grantedly unfinished, and may possibly have bugs, but a release at a
point where you feel it's ok for production servers to use if they *need* a
feature that it has.

Kevin