Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 17:34:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Claude Buisson <ubc@paris.framatome.fr>
To:        FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to make a release ?

Hi all,

I just upgraded my 2.2.2-RELEASE test machine to 2.2.6-STABLE with
no problem, and tried to make a release to upgrade other machines
via ftp.

After reading the FAQ Section 13.2, I did a

make release ...

in /usr/src/release.

After making the distrib-dirs then distribution into CHROOTDIR, the

cd ${.CURDIR}/.. && ${MAKE} install DESTDIR=${CHROOTDIR} NOMAN=1

stopped for a number of reasons:

- no osreldate.h,
- no *.h in include/rpcsvc

which I tried to correct by hand from /usr/include, then

- no crt0.o

where I gave up.

Any hint ?

TIA