Date:      Thu, 7 Feb 2002 13:52:32 -0000
From:      "Leubner, Achim" <achim.leubner@intel.com>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Kannanthanam, Boji T" <boji.t.kannanthanam@intel.com>
Subject:   Intel Integrated RAID driver

Hi all,

We wrote a driver for the Intel RAID controllers and the GDT SCSI Disk Array
controllers from ICP vortex. Now we have a problem with the support of our
Fibre Channel controllers. Because the possible target IDs on a fibre
channel are 0..126, we set the max_target in the ccb_pathinq structure to
127. But this causes a problem during the installation from a CD. After
installing the driver with "load disk1:iir.ko" and during booting the kernel
we get the message "panic: timeout table full". I found out that the error
occurs during the inquiry/test unit ready commands to the possible devices
(to all possible bus/id/lun combinations). With SCSI controllers the error
doesn't occur because the max_target is only 16. And if the OS is installed
(i.e. with the help of a SCSI controller) the error doesn't occur on the
Fibre Channel controller too.

I disabled all timeout stuff in our driver but no change.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Achim

Achim Leubner
Research & Development
ICP vortex Computersysteme GmbH, an Intel company
Gostritzer Str. 61-63
D-01217 Dresden, Germany
Phone: +49-351-871-8291
Fax: +49-351-871-8448