Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 21:27:29 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: EGCS, or EGCS?

According to Peter Jeremy:
> That's the way I remembered things.  What threw me is that I currently
> have two _different_ gcc directories, both claiming to be EGCS 1.1.2,
> and both being updated.

The main reason is that we don't lose history with the directory change. At
first we had contrib/gcc, then it moved into contrib/egcs then back to
contrib/gcc. By importing egcs on top of 2.7.2.3 in contrib/gcc we have a
clear line going from gcc to egcs to gcc in one place.

As soon as 2.95.1 gets imported, contrib/egcs will disappear.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 4.0-CURRENT #74: Thu Sep  9 00:20:51 CEST 1999