Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 15:41:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeff Jirsa <jeff@boris.st.hmc.edu>
To:        Ed Yu <edlyu@yahoo.com>
Cc:        MET <met@uberstats.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as a Desktop

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Ed Yu wrote:

> 4. Things like right click to change resolution and
> wizards to help setup things, and various other small
> things. But once you get the hang of it, you will
> stick with FreeBSD, trust me.

This type of thing is what still bothers me, after years of using various
systems... X, by its very nature, is not made to be reconfigured once it's
running. If someone would take the time to make it
1) easy to configure (linux installers have basically done this)
2) easy to reconfigure while running (if it exists, I haven't seen it)
X would instantly become more usable.

> You can find substitutes for AIM (I know there is one
> because I used it before, not Jabber, sorry I don't
> remember the name) and Yahoo IM has FreeBSD version.

Gaim and Everybuddy work well (read: acceptable as long as AOL/Yahoo/MSN
have not changed their protocol in the last week).

- Jeff Jirsa