Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 15:45:23 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        "Lester A. Mesa" <netadmin@primex.prontel.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems creating a port

On Sat, Jun 24, 2000 at 12:30:44PM -0400, Lester A. Mesa wrote:
> For the port to work i need to add a user and a group.  I did this by using
> the following:
> pre-configure:
>         pw groupadd group; \
>         pw useradd username  -d /home/username -m -g group -s /bin/sh -h fd

You should avoid putting things requiring root in pre-configure and
such, unless absolutely necessary.  If you must, then also check to make
sure the user running make will get errors in pre-fetch if they are not
root.

> Any ideas on how can i ignore the pw group already exists error?

Yes.  Check to make sure the group doesn't exist first.  Do this by
using ``pw groupshow $GID'' and make sure pw exit code is 0.  For
reference, it will exit with code 65 if the group does not exist.

--
Will Andrews <andrewsw@purdue.edu> <will@FreeBSD.org>