Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 95 19:17 WET
From:      uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com (Frank Durda IV)
To:        sos@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Cc:        jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   WHAT is going on in -current ???????

[0]sos@freebsd.org writes:
[0]On top of that the matcd driver no longer works, it read a couble
[0]of block then hangs on "netio" :(
[0]
[0]Oh boy I thought I was getting back into business again, and
[0]then this mess.....

Uh, the changes made since 2.1.0-RELEASE to matcd in -current were NOT made
by the author of the matcd driver.  Other feet have trod on this rug.

I have been busy adding support for some similar makes of drives and have
not even studied the changes, although I guess I will have to when I
try to bring my tree back in.  I gather that some of the changes are in
the name of devfs, or other 2.2-experimental work, or just bits of tidying.

Try going back to the driver from 2.1.0-RELEASE.  If it doesn't work,
then some underlying kernel service has been broken or is in a
transient state.

Frank Durda IV <uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org>|"The Knights who say "LETNi"
or uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com (Fastest Route)| demand...  A SEGMENT REGISTER!!!"
...letni!rwsys!nemesis!uhclem               |"A what?"
...decvax!fw.ast.com!nemesis!uhclem         |"LETNi! LETNi! LETNi!"  - 1983