Date:      Sun, 07 Jul 2002 21:39:33 -0300
From:      Fabio Yasusi Yamamoto <fabio@hostname.org>
To:        "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
Cc:        barbish@a1poweruser.com, FBSDQ <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: My Intel EtherExpress only works on direct cross connection.

Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. wrote:

>WAY OT...
>
>  but, I recently picked up a switch that says
>it doesn't care if it's a crossover cable or not...
>supposedly makes it possible to 'uplink' without
>dedicating a port to this function...
>
>As to the original posters problem, only advice
>I can think of is to check media type settings....
>
>KDK

when i use a crossover to connect to another computer, it only work at
10mbps.

i have tryied almost every combination of speed and duplex. it only
works on 10mbs half/full duplex crossover cable to another computer.

i can't undestand !! how the network card can know if i use a direct
connection between 2 pc, or use a switch hub using single cable.

ps: autodetect speed/media fail ( on switch/hub ), maybe because the
network card is unable to receive any packets....