Date:      4 Oct 1999 08:13:57 -0000
From:      Yusuf Goolamabbas <yusufg@outblaze.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Would like to mix static IP's and non-routable IP's on a LAN

Hi, I have a bunch of static IP's allocated to me (/26) network and I
would like to reclaim some static IP's and replace them with non
routable IP's (192.168.x.x). I read about NAT and tried to configure a
machine with NAT and make it be the gateway.

All machines currently have a netmask of 255.255.255.192 and if I use
the 192.168.x.x address space. I get a netmask of 255.255.255.0. I am
not sure if this mismatch is allowed since the machines are on the
same segment

Any suggestions on how I can do this ?

Cheers, /Yusuf
--