Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 1995 15:19:22 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@vector.enet>
To:        Jukka Ukkonen <jau@jau.csc.fi>
Cc:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert), jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rusers(3) & rnusers(3)

Hi, Reference:
> From: Jukka Ukkonen <jau@jau.csc.fi>
> Subject: Re: rusers(3) & rnusers(3)
> Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 11:38:50 +0200 (EET)
>
> Quoting Terry Lambert:

> > > Cool!  Anybody going to pick this one up?  Should I?
> >
> > Note that it was not posted under BSD license.  It was limited such
> > that you are not allowed to sell it.
>
> 	Well, my note did not say you should not sell e.g. a CD containing

May we cut this sort of debate short
(after all we want to talk about code right, not everyone's personal
variant views on intellectual property rights :-)

I believe [core@ please correct me if I'm wrong] our policy is Only to
import into the src/ tree things that are UCB/BSD licence style compliant
(ie take the UCB blurb, remove UCB & insert own name),
with the single exception of FSF gnu/ & FSF optional non essential kernel
modules ?

Anything else with more restrictions goes in ports (if anywhere)

Let's keep it simple folks please, Thanks :-)

Jukka,
Would you be willing to use a UCB/BSD style header, replacing all
occurences of UCB Regents etc with your name ?  (Hopefully :-)

Best Regards, Julian.
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/