Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2012 20:54:30 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        "Thomas D. Dean" <tomdean@speakeasy.org>
Cc:        gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange Printing with CUPS

	[Note change in follow-ups]

Thomas D. Dean writes:

>  I cannot determine if this is a port problem or a install/config
>  problem or missing something.
>
>  When I print to a windows printer (HP C4100) using the seamonkey
>  port it appears the fonts are strange.  Characters on the printed
>  page are only partially formed and mostly unreadable.
>
>  Printing the same web page from windows and linux (seamonkey)
>  CUPS produces the expected quality print.
>
>  Using lpr with a text file works as expected.

	I have a problem which resembles this.
	When I print a web page from Opera, it prints correctly.
	When I print wuth Firefox 10/SeaMonkey 2.8, everything is
crushed up into 1/4 - the upper left quadrant - of the output page.
The page formatting appears to be right; I can't tell about
individual characters because everything is so small.
	System is:

FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0: Sun Mar 11 08:20:02 EDT 2012 amd64

	Any ideas?

				Robert Huff