Date:      Sat, 21 May 2005 18:49:36 +0800 (CST)
From:      shiner chen <shiner_chen@yahoo.com.cn>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to get the status of cpu in kernel?

In order to implement a dispacthing policy I want to get the status of cpu. I have read the code of top command  and i find it get the status of cpu by the function :
    int sysctlbyname(const char *, void *, size_t *, void *, size_t);
I search the code of kernel ,then I consider that i can get the status of cpu through the funciton:
int kernel_sysctlbyname(struct thread *td, char *name,  void *old, size_t *oldlenp, void *new, size_t newlen,  size_t *retval);
I try to get the status of cpu by that function ,but it does not  work!
who can tell me the problem?
How do i get the status of cpu?
How do i use it if the funcion is right? what's the mean of the function's arguments ?

thanks !

                                                     shiner_chen
                                                   May 21th 2005