Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 2002 13:39:34 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Brian Szymanski <bks10@cornell.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: horked /usr/ports?

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 03:09:09AM -0400, Brian Szymanski wrote:

> I seem to have entered a situation where I can't build anything in
> /usr/ports... I'm not sure what I did to enter this situation. It
> was a 4.6-RELEASE install, which I upgraded to -STABLE, set my
> processor type to k7 in /etc/make.conf, and did a {build,
> install}{world, kernel} sequence on. Most ports compiles seem to die
> with missing variables from include files. Almost every package I
> tried to build failed in a similar fashion to the below (some
> variable was undeclared)

When did you update to -STABLE ? If you cvsup'd in the few days
preceeding Thu Jun 27 07:08:01 2002 UTC, then you may have been bitten
by a bug in sed(1) that had the effect of breaking most port
compiles. (see
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/usr.bin/sed/process.c for
the gory details.)

Try cvsup'ing and rebuilding world.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Marlow
Fax: +44 0870 0522645                                 Bucks., SL7 1TH UK