Date:      Fri, 23 Dec 1994 13:18:03 +0059 (MET)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@g386bsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        rls@zeus.id.net (Robert Shady)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Sound Blaster

> Okay, I have a new soundblaster pro board I am trying to get to work with
> FreeBSD 1.1.5.1.  It doesn't.
> I need:
>     1) The options/devices to put into the config file.
>     2) The /dev devices to create.
> PLEASE help ASAP, I am supposed to do a multimedia type presentation
> on the UNIX system in a few hours.. ;(

Then don't hope for the net :-), mostly a third of them is sleeping
in one area or another.
You will find the necessary information in /usr/src/sys/doc/sound.doc.
Be aware that you may need to change some jumpers on your soundblaster
if you want to get this running with an Adaptec 1542 and maybe also
other SCSI controllers. The default values of the soundblaster are
conflicting with the Adaptec.
For my soundblaster 16 multicd, the IRQ of the mitsumi cdrom conflicted
with the Adaptec. The 16-bit DMA channel has a conflict and the MIDI
UART has a conflict.

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.7   Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe