Date:      	Tue, 01 Jul 1997 21:10:43 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Gennadi Makhmetov <gena@ph-elec.phys.msu.su>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   lnc device

Hi,

I am going to setup a dedicated router (running FreeBSD)
on ISA machine. I expect I would get the best performance
using bus mastering network cards. As I have found out, FreeBSD
supports some such cards using the lnc driver.
But in FAQ this driver is marked "known to have problems". In
LINT there is no such indication. I know that sometimes
documentation is updated less regularly than software. I would like
to know whether this driver indeed has problems, and (if yes) of
what kind?

If I should use another type of cards, which would you recommend?

Thank you in advance.
E-Mail: "Gennadi Makhmetov" <gena@ph-elec.phys.msu.su>
Date: 01-Jul-97
Time: 21:10:43