Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 1997 09:05:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rat and Freebsd

Back in November 1996,  Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com> says:

>  The rat group just informed me that they have good intentions on porting
>  rat to freebsd. Their current obstacle is a box to install freebsd.
>
>  The tiny segment of code which I wrote should make it easy for them
>  to port to freebsd. Lets see what happens in about a month.

in the January 1997 Usenix conferencing proceedings (for shame, I am just
recently read them), {I.Kouvelus,V.Handman}@cs.ucl.ac.uk say in their paper
on RAT, they mention that FreeBSD is one of the few OSes that can run RAT.
I tried to poke around their ftp servers, but did see any copies of the
executables.  Has anyone heard anything new on RAT for FreeBSD?

--mark.