Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2012 21:42:30 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wine && libgnutls

El día Saturday, September 15, 2012 a las 09:20:24PM +0200, David Naylor escribió:

> On Saturday, 15 September 2012 11:33:35 Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> Hi
>
> > I must use wine(1) to run some Adobe Digital Editions tool (which seems
> > to work fine with wine in general, the wine pages say it runs);

> Are you using a package or did you compile from ports, also the version of
> wine you are using is outdated.  Please consider updating to either
> emulators/wine or emulators/wine-devel.
>
> Wine needs to be compiled with gnutls support, please (re)build the wine port,
> ensuring the GNUTLS optioin is on.

Thanks for your hint. The GNUTLS option defaults to 'off', do you know
why? I'd say this is rather a bug.

Any way. After a lot of more testing I managed finaly how to download an
eBook I purchased. Just for the records, if someone runs into the same
problem: After the process of payment you get a link to download a file
'URLLink.acsm'; for some reason ADE in wine is unwilling to open this
file to fetch the eBook as epub file; I managed it finally with a call
like this:

$ wine 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions\digitaleditions.exe' 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions\URLLink.acsm'

after copying the file 'URLLink.acsm' to the right place into the
~/.wine drive;

Thanks

	matthias
--