Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 19:36:29 +0000 (WET)
From:      Paulo Menezes <paulo@thor.dee.uc.pt>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        paulo@isr.uc.pt
Subject:   Upgrade of Mesa

Hi,

I am once again porting the new version of Mesa to FreeBSD.
Now I have a question, in the previous version I have used  for  version
numbers of  the shared libraries the pre-previous + 1 rule.
But I think it makes little sense in using something in FreeBSD like
...so.14.0 where the other systems use .so.2.1 for the same version.
What do you recomend, using the release number for these or ignore it and
add a symlink like "ln -s ***.so.2.1 ***.so.14.0"?

Paulo