Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2018 13:58:33 +0300
From:      Vladimir Kondratyev <vladimir@kondratyev.su>
To:        Johannes Lundberg <johalun0@gmail.com>
Cc:        Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, owner-freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell touchpad not working with evdev

On 2018-03-15 12:45, Johannes Lundberg wrote:

>>> Anyone know how I can get my Dell laptop's PS2 touchpad to work with
>>> evdev? The keyboard, also PS2, works fine.
>>>
>>> I tried setting
>>> hw.psm.elantech_support: 1
>>> but that didn't help.

Did you try to enable synaptics driver with setting
hw.psm.synaptics_support: 1
in /boot/loader.conf?

If you tried and are still 100% sure of elantech than place
debug.psm.loglevel=5 in /boot/loader.conf
and send me psm negotiation part of the boot log

> Device:           IntelliMouse
> Kernel:           /dev/input/event3

Looks like your touchpad was misdetected as IntelliMouse at boot time
and left in relative mode.
Does it work at vt console after "service moused onestart"?

--
WBR
Vladimir Kondratyev