Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 1995 23:17:17 -0500
From:      "Sean P. Robertson" <srob@awod.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org

        The following is a tribute to the work that is being done at
FreeBSD.org.  Please be kind.  I am little more than a curious user on the
sidelines, but my obsession is your obsession as much as it can be.

                Thanks Guys.

                        Sean P. Robertson
                        The Citadel - Charleston, SC USA
                                &
                        Sales Manager - awod.com

		Make the Daemon

The hacker to the detriment of all else,
Knows the machine. Its language and temperament and ability,
He knows better than all others.
He feels the weight of his lack of that knowledge; though, and it
Drives him on.
While others sleep, he fights; his fingers navigating the crude
Tactile input device designed to transfer his brilliance to the
Console.

In spastic bursts of revelation, processes spawn other processes
Until the operating system and the machine and the wizard,
the hacker, bring the cumbersome code to life.

ENTER.

At the speed of light, the fiber optic propels the bytes of
Lifeblood to his fellow junkies, traversing a world mapped by
Routers, taking them, in packet formation, to .COMs and .EDUs and
.NETs and .ORGs. as famed mariners, seeking the White Whale,
Stormed the seven seas.

					Sean P. Robertson