Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 1995 03:57:23 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian>
To:        hackers
Cc:        current
Subject:   OK EVERYONE, LISTEN UP..

I've been testing my cdevsw and bdevsw changes
and I have two machines here that have been doing heavy work with them
and nothing's broken..

I'm going to make the changes to make it THE DEFAULT
within 48 hours
so if you are a -current user, and haven't tried to see what
happens when you add
options JREMOD
to your kernel, then you'd better check it now while it's still
just an option..

and yes, poul, with sources from this-evenning, I was unable to duplicate
your problem so I think it's something else.. :)

It's running reliably here and elsewhere so it shouldn't be too much
of a risk..

If you have problems and want this to not go ahead,
then get back to me in the next day or so..
because I'll be committing the next round, sunday night..
BTW if JREMOD fails. DO check if a kernel compiled out of the same
tree withut it also fails? I've chased 3 of those so far..

julian