Date:      Sat, 30 Aug 1997 16:45:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dmitry Kohmanyuk <dk@dog.farm.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS installation mount options?

In article <28718.872888936@time.cdrom.com> you wrote:
> > In order for existing FreeBSD systems to mount this file server
> > properly we must specify the options:
> >
> >    -d -t 60
> >
> > on the mount_nfs command.
> >
> > Is there anyway to specify these mount options when installing
> > via NFS?

> Hmmmm.  Not really since mount_nfs isn't on the boot floppy - it's
> done internally by sysinstall.  I've never had to override the
> timeout values on an install before - what's this NA box doing,
> exactly? :)

I have F330 at work and as far as I know, it mounts fine without
any retransmission timeout override options (as above).  Maybe it
depends on network load, though...  It acts the same way as any
other NFS server, and it's pretty fast (both reads and writes).

I get occasional `short reads' and one other message (look for my
earlier postings to the list).

--
Perl's grammar can not be reduced to BNF. The work of parsing perl
is distributed between yacc, the lexer, smoke and mirrors.   -- Chaim Frenkel