Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 10:38:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      david.myers@Corp.Sun.COM
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMP current status?

Folks --

I'm about to install a second CPU in my Tyan Pentium Pro motherboard
and go for the FreeBSD 3.0 upgrade.  The web pages on freebsd.org are
looking a bit dated, however, so I thought I'd ask: how usable is
FreeBSD-SMP, for a person who's not necessarily a kernel hacker but
does like to tinker?  How stable?  Does all FreeBSD 2.2.2 code run?
I'm wondering about Open Sound System, Linux compatibility, and other
dynamically-loaded libraries, in particular.

Thanks for any information.

-David.