Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2012 15:46:54 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <Trond.Endrestol@fagskolen.gjovik.no>
To:        Howard Leadmon <howard@leadmon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble updating Sources via subversion?

--2055831798-1303261867-1349358414=:26151

On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 09:27-0400, Howard Leadmon wrote:

>   OK, I have over the past few years updated and tracked various source
> using cvsup, and with freebsd progressing to where it now uses subversion it
> seemed time to move over.
>
>  I seem to be running into a problem doing this, and I wanted to see if
> anyone had a cloo they could offer on how to resolve this, so that hopefully
> I can get my collections of FBSD boxes back where they need to be on
> updates.
>
>  First off, let me say I have tried to different ways of grabbing the
> sources (after the announcement of ports dropping cvsup and moving to svn),
> which do both seem to work.  I have used the following:
>
> svn co svn://svn.FreeBSD.org/ports/head /usr/ports
>
> I have also tried:
>
> svn co https://svn0.us-east.FreeBSD.org/ports/head /usr/ports
>

> Both seem to retrieve the sources very happily, so I don't seem to have a
> problem in that aspect, where I run into issues is when I go to grab
> updates.    As an example let's say I wait a couple hours, and then cd down
> to my /usr/ports directory, and run 'svn update', it will happy come back
> and tell me it's updating ., and then spit out something like this (yes the
> issues reported will vary):
>
> # svn up
> Updating '.':
> Skipped 'www' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'x11-wm' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'net' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'x11' -- Node remains in conflict
> At revision 305233.
> Summary of conflicts:
>   Skipped paths: 4
> #
>

> So then I waited about another hour, and I ran 'svn update' again, and now I
> get:
>
> # svn up
> Updating '.':
> Skipped 'net' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'x11' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'www' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'x11-wm' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'dns' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'devel' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'sysutils' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'lang' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'polish' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'security' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'editors' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'net-p2p' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'games' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'Mk' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'java' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'palm' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'multimedia' -- Node remains in conflict
> At revision 305253.
> Summary of conflicts:
>   Skipped paths: 17
> #
>

>  As you can see, the longer I wait, the more entries I get, till eventually
> every time I run update, it will pretty much bitch about every directory in
> the tree.   Sure I can run the resolve command and try and clear some of it,
> [...]

Are you running some form of automated CVSup updating in parallel with
Subversion?

If not, you should attempt these two commands:

  cd /usr/ports
  svn revert

The second command will revert all locally modified files back to
their current state as registrered in the repo. Actually the files are
restored from the /usr/ports/.svn directory.

Try again to update your working copy, i.e.:

  svn up /usr/ports

If you are still getting error messages as shown above, try this
drastic approach:

If you have any local stuff in your /usr/ports hierarchy, you better
have copies of said stuff elsewhere. Next, delete everything inside of
/usr/ports, including the .svn directory. Retry the checkout operation
using the master server, or your favorite mirror, and your protocol of
choice, e.g.:

  svn co svn://svn.FreeBSD.org/ports/head /usr/ports

Then, just for kicks, try to update /usr/ports:

  svn up /usr/ports

If you're still getting error messages, make sure no one else is
logged in as root/toor.

Now, you can restore any local stuff in /usr/ports.

HTH.

--
| Vennlig hilsen,               | Best regards,                      |