Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:44:10 +0100 (CET)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Multiprocessing in FreeBSD

FreeBSD is considered as an operating system useful for servers, I run
different releases on several servers, and I agree to this opinion.

Some people argue Linux should be better for larger servers since it does
already support symmetric multiprocessing in an production kernel.

I know SMP is in FreeBSD-current. What are the experiences? Does it behave
well? Will there be a chance for a RELEASE with SMP support this year?

Thanks!

K. Heuer, GWDG, Goettingen, Germany
(kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de)