Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2014 06:21:50 -0500
From:      George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
To:        freebsd ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Thanks for  2014Q4 r374273 ...

... that got us some of our needed security updates, but firefox-esr
won't build with graphics/jpeg any more, as the configure script wants
the JCS_EXTENSIONS features from graphics/jpeg-turbo.  So I did a
"portmaster -o graphics/jpeg-turbo jpeg" and it claims to have updated
the dependencies of all installed packages.  But when I then tried to
reinstall firefox, the first thing it wanted to do was rebuild the old
version of graphics/jpeg.

How can I determine the chain of dependencies between www/firefox-esr
and graphics/jpeg, so I could patch the right package to get rid of
this dependency?                                            -- George