Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:02:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Richard J. Kuhns" <rjk@grauel.com>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linksys pcmcia ethernet not working

Bill Fumerola writes:
 > Greetings all,
 >
 > I currently (upon reccomendation from several people who have this card) bought
 > a 'linksys combo pcmcia ethernet card EC2T' for my trip to california. I bought
 > this because I needed ethernet besides the 3com in my docking station, which people
 > from FreeBSDcon should remember, and the Xircom realports (*sigh*) still don't work
 > in -CURRENT.
 >
 > dmesg / dumpcis / kernel config(in an easy format to compare to GENERIC) follow.
 >
 > I've tried many combinations of the config registers to no avail and mucked with the
 > IRQs in my (standard) pccard.conf, pointers on what to try would be just wonderful.

I recently asked for help getting a Linksys EC2T working under 3.4.  I now
have it working under 3.4-PAO which may or may not help you, but I found
something I thought was strange.  I haven't tried my current configuration
under "straight" 3.4 or -current due to lack of time.

No matter which free irq I chose for the Linksys card, I had the same
result: the card was found properly, but any attempt to use it locked the
system until I removed the card.  -PAO put it at irq 9 (which I hadn't even
tried -- that's where the ATI video card hangs out), and it's worked
perfectly ever since.

I intend to try this configutation under 3.4 as soon as I can find the
time, since I'd like to be able to track -stable more closely.

Good luck.

--
Richard Kuhns			rjk@grauel.com
PO Box 6249			Tel: (765)477-6000 \