Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:11:57 -0500
From:      Dan Moschuk <dan@freebsd.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        phk@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hang in md driver

I can reproduce a hang in the md driver reliably.

Setup:

dd if=/dev/zero of=image bs=32k count=8k
vnconfig -s labels -c vn0 image
diskabel -r -w vn0 auto
newfs vn0c

dd if=image of=/dev/md0 bs=32k count=8k
mount /dev/md0c /mnt

This works as expected.

If I run bonnie against /mnt with a 64M filesize, everything is fine.
However, once I up that size to 128M it will hang half way through.

Using an mfs partition instead yields no problems.

I've tested this against a 4.3 (512M ram) and a 4.4 (1.5GB ram) boxes
respectively and both are affected.  top says the bonnie process is in the
"MD sec" state.

Cheers,
-Dan