Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 20:29:00 -0400
From:      "jason" <kib@mediaone.net>
To:        "Stephen Hurd" <deuce@lordlegacy.org>, "Paul Robinson" <paul@akita.co.uk>, <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, "Paul Richards" <paul@freebsd-services.com>, "Dag-Erling Smorgrav" <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        "Technical Information" <tech_info@threespace.com>, "FreeBSD Chat" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Helping victims of terror

After hearing Bush's speech last night it would seem this is not a war
against Bin Laden and not a war aginast whoever hit the Trade Center.  It is
rather a war against ANY and ALL terrorist groups who has in the past and
will in the future carry out any terrorist attack against the US or its
allies.  Its not against Afghanastan...all they have to do is either give up
Bin Laden or allow us to go in and get him.

We are not at war with Afghanastan.  We are at war with the terroist in
their borders.  All Afghanistan has to do is let our troops pass to get Bin
Laden.  But they will no doubt resist us to prevent the capture of Bin
Ladin.

Who here can say that the War on Terrorist is not a valid one?  If I were to
go to your house and burn it to the ground murdering your entire family,
wouldn't you want justice?  Wouldn't you want that person captured, and
either put in jail for life or executed?  The same is true here.  Terrorist
all over the world and for many many years have killed Americans and others
on planes, buildings, embassies, and even our own military bases and ships.
We have gone long enough just hoping it will stop.  These terrorists will
not stop until we do something about it.  Its about time we did something
about it.

In order to wipe out Terrorism (if that's completely possible) is to remove
their funding....remove their places to train and plan missions....keep them
on the defensive. If there are countries that provide funding....or willing
provide space for their camps.....or protect them from outside
invasion....then these country's governments should be removed from power or
otherwise dealt with.

We are not asking for Afghanistan find and capture Bin Laden.  but we are
asking them to allow us to go in and find him ourselves.  To cross their
border and attack Bin Laden's camps.  That's all Pakistan is doing for us.
Just allowing our troops inside their borders to carry out their missions
against Bin Laden.

And its not going to stop there.  Bin Laden has bases in many other countrie
s.  And there are other Terrorist groups we will be going after as well.
This will indeed be a long and deliberate war waged all around the world.