Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 06:58:20 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        jason <jason@welsh.dynip.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp.linkup problems

> I have my ppp working fine except for getting ppp.linkup to run a perl
> script. I have tried looking at the samples and cant seem to get it to
> work..
> FreeBSD welsh.dynip.com 3.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE #0: Sun Jul 11
> 22:01:36 EDT 1999     root@welsh.dynip.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/KITTY
> i386
>
> here are a few of the commands that i've tried in my /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup
>
>  ! sh -c "/etc/ppp/jlclient.pl"
>  !bg /etc/ppp/jlclient.pl
>  shell /etc/ppp/jlclient.pl
>
> the jlclient.pl is a dynamic dns client. it runs just fine if I run it
> from the command line.. I just cant get ppp.linkup to execute it..
> Ive tried it in both (demand and myaddr) sections of ppp.linkup
>
> any suggestions?

Does your log file say anything about it when you ``set log
+command'' ?  Careful with the ``!'' and ``shell'' versions as ppp
will wait for them to complete before continuing.  If they expect to
use ppp everything will hang waiting for things.

Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>
Don't _EVER_ lose your sense of humour !          <brian@FreeBSD.org.uk>