Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 1995 18:56:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, bde@zeta.org.au
Subject:   Re: Label/slices : how to add a disk ?

> > > 	beg: cyl 0/ sector 0/ head 0;
> >                     ^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > Redo the fdisk -u, override the calculation of beg/end.  Use
> > cyl 0, sect 1, head 0 for the beg.  The default caclulations screw
> > up and put 0 in for the starting sector :-(.
>

> I(ve tried that before and ot the partition table. disklabel keeps on
> barfing on me. I've tried disklabel -B as found in a preceding message and
> got :
>
> 215 [3:34] root@keltia:~# disklabel -B sd2
> Bad pack magic number (label is damaged, or pack is unlabeled)
Do what I said with fdisk, then create a file /tmp/foo that looks like
this (only use your numbers):

# /dev/rsd0c:
type: SCSI
disk: MICROP_2112
label: 15MQ1001901HQ30
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 32
tracks/cylinder: 64
sectors/cylinder: 2048
cylinders: 960
sectors/unit: 1966080
rpm: 5400
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0           # milliseconds
track-to-track seek: 0  # milliseconds
drivedata: 0

8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
 c:  1966080        0    unused        0     0         # (Cyl.    0 - 959)

Then disklabel -R -B sd2 /tmp/foo