Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2013 12:03:17 -0500
From:      Jimmy Kelley <ljboiler@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why was the ventrilo-server port removed?

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 09:40:59AM -0700, Anton Afanasyev wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 5:25 AM, Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com> wrote:
>
> >  I'd be willing to. I don't think anything for it has changed. The
> > distfile is
> > still available at the same location. I still run it and don't see any
> > issues
> > with it.
> >

> It looks like the port was deprecated because "no more public distfiles":
> http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=audio&portname=ventrilo-server
>
> Anton

As Bob pointed out, the distfile IS freely available, just not directly without
agreeing to the download terms.  The old diablo JDK ports were like this.

I can see the reason for the automated ports system marking this a deprecated,
since it can't tell the difference between a truely missing distfile vs. one
that requires manual intervention.  Is there something that can "reset" the
deprecation countdown timer is cases like this?