Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 14:34:11 -0800
From:      Kingson Gunawan <kingson@excite.com>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: broken SMP support?

Hi Simon,
right after the boot prompt screen, the kernel blanks out the screen (I
simply could not catch what's there).  Then, the machine just rebooted.
BTW, here is my hardware config:

dual PII-266 on Air P6KDI m/b
512MB RAM
8 - 4.1GB IBM DCAS-34330UW SCSI hd's
Adaptec 2940UW/PCI (I am thinking about replacing this with DPT SR-4)
Intel EE 100B/pro fast ethernet card (PCI)
Matshita 8x CD-ROM drive
Matrox Millenium (MGA) w/ 4mb

The thing is that I've been successful in compiling SMP-kernel up until
the Oct 22-SNAP.  Really wierd.

Kingson