Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:53:45 -0500
From:      Glenn Johnson <gljohns@bellsouth.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   port category naming

A few weeks ago there was some discussion about the 'biology' port
category and the inappropriate placing of mopac and psi88 into the
'misc' category. It seems that nothing has happened with this so I felt
I needed to bring it up [ducks].

With the exception of hmmer and seaview, all of the ports (including
mopac and psi88) are molecular modeling related. Hmmer and seaview
are for genetic analysis, which is molecular but not modeling. It
seems that 'chemistry' or 'science' would be a more appropriate title.

Actually, I don't care too much about the title (biology, chemistry,
science, molecular modeling, whatever), I just want to see 'mopac' and
'psi88' moved to a more appropriate category than 'misc'.

I'll stop now. Thanks.
--
Glenn Johnson
gljohns@bellsouth.net