Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2012 11:29:04 +0200
From:      Ferdinand Goldmann <ferdinand.goldmann@jku.at>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   libmilter broken in FreeBSD8 ?

Hello!

I've been using a mail setup consisting of sendmail, milter-ahead, =
milter-greylist
and MIMEDefang running on FreeBSD for years.

Recently I installed a new server running FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE-p3. To my =
bewilderment,
I am now running into problems with milter-ahead and milter-greylist, as =
they do
not see the macros that sendmail should hand them via the milter =
interface anymore.
(Like client_resolve, rcpt_host, and so on ...).

To sort things out, I've setup both a FreeBSD 7 and a FreeBSD 8 test =
installation.
I am using the _exact_ _same_ _configuration_ in both test installations =
(basically
the same I am using on my FreeBSD 7 production servers).
To my even bigger bewilderment, the milters work as expected on FreeBSD =
7, while they
fail on FreeBSD 8.

Debugging information suggests that the milters are handed empty =
variables on FreeBSD 8:
rcpt_host=3D'' rcpt_mailer=3D''

Has anyone experienced similiar problems? I find it hard to believe that =
this seems
to be suddenly broken ...?

Cheers,
Ferdinand
--=20
>> Ferdinand Goldmann
>> Johannes Kepler University Linz - Server Systems/Information =
Management
>> Mail: Ferdinand.Goldmann@jku.at Phone: 00437024683925 Fax: =
00437024689397
>> A lack of planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my =
part.