Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 1997 13:03:59 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   FXTV v0.3.1

Steve Passe:
 |  in bktr_ioctl():
 |			btl_reg = (u_long *) &bt848[BKTR_GPIO_OUT_EN];
 |			*btl_reg = 1;
 |
 |the wrong method for the current model.  Just remove these 2
 |lines and the problem goes away.  Note that the audio now continues

Thanks Steve, that did the trick for the two scenarios I could produce the
problem.  I'm really enjoyin' my tuner now ;-)

I've reved fxtv for the 970320 driver, and added in the fixes folks have
found the last few days.  Additionally, there's now a:

        Fxtv.defaultInput:  tuner/video/svhs

resource so fxtv can be defaulted on startup to an input other than video.
And a few other fixes related to colormap cube allocation for 8bpp and
using the driver's new audio mute capability.

As always, available at http://multiverse.com/~rhh/fxtv.

BTW, this is a small thing, but I noticed that the driver doesn't preserve
the mute state across channel, frequency, and input device changes.  Might
be nice if it did in a future version, but for now I've accounted for this
by reseting mute state after setting one of these three parameters.

Randall